Wii with Wii Sports ResortGame Consoles
PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONSince its release in 2006, Nintendo's Wii gaming console has ignited an international revolution of interactive gaming, entertainment and fun among people of all ages. That revolution continues with the Wii Wii Sports Resort bundle - white. Consisting of a Wii console in the traditional white color, white versions of the Wii Remote, Nunchuk and Wii MotionPlus accessory, a copy of Wii Sports Resort and the original Wii Sports game, it is a whole new way to start or expand a Wii party in your home.
Wii bundle with Wii Sports Resort contents (white)
Bundle includes console, controllers, 2 games and Wii MotionPlus.
Lifestlye shot of players using the WiiRemote with Nunchuk
Motion controlled Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers.
Wii MotionPlus accessory (white) attaching to Wii Remote
The Wii MotionPlus snaps right on to your Wii Remote.
Netflix instant streaming functionality via Wii
Instantly stream Netflix video.
Wired Wii sensor bar
Sensor bar provides Wii Remotes with a 30-foot wireless range.
Archery game from Wii Sports Resort
Dead-on accuracy with Wii MotionPlus.
Kayak race game from Wii Sports Resort
A whole new range of games.
Basketball game from Wii Sports Resort
Wii parties like none before.
Multiplayer tennis game from Wii Sports
1-4 multiplayer support.
Bowling game from Wii Sports
Pick up and play fun in every game.
A Little Box With Plenty of Power
As with every console, much of the buzz about the Wii revolves around its specs. The Wii boasts 512 MB of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports, and a slot for SD memory expansion. The system’s technological heart -- a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway" and a graphics chipset from ATI code-named "Hollywood" -- deliver stunning performance. And instead of a tray, Wii uses a single, self-loading media bay that plays both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system, as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. An additional, and often overlooked, benefit of the Wii is that it uses a fraction of the power of other current gaming consoles on the market, saving energy and money both when it is on and off.
Wii MotionPlus Accessory Included
Simple. Intuitive. Easy to use. Connect the Wii MotionPlus accessory, included with your bundled copy of Wii Sports Resort, to your Wii Remote controller, included with your Wii, to increase accuracy and enhance play control on compatible games. (Wii MotionPlus must be used with a Wii Remote) Wii MotionPlus contains additional sensors that make the Wii Remote respond to the slightest movement, motion, or twist of the wrist. Along with Wii Sports Resort, the MotionPlus accessory is compatible with a continually growing list of games. Refer to the Wii MotionPlus/Wii Sports Resort packaging, or the Nintendo website for details on the full list of games that are designed for use with Wii MotionPlus.
A Channel for Everyone
More than just a game machine, Wii also provides a wealth of information and entertainment suitable for every member of the family via its system of on-screen channels. Some of the channels available include:
* Mii Channel - Miis are cute little caricatures you create to use as characters in a variety of Wii software. Store Miis on your Wii or load them onto your Wii Remote and take them over to a friend’s house to use on their Wii.
* Everybody Votes Channel * - The Everybody Votes Channel is packed with national and worldwide polls. Answer interesting questions and have your say. Up to six members of your family can vote. Just choose an answer and check in later to see the results.
* News Channel * - Wii might be great for games, but you can also use it to get updates on the latest news from across the Internet organized into easy-to-browse categories.
* Forecast Channel * - Your Wii can automatically update you on the weather from around the globe.
* Wii Shop Channel * - Download the Opera web browser and access games from classic consoles from the past. All you need is a Wii Points account.
* Virtual Console - Every Virtual Console game you download from the Wii Shop Channel appears in the Wii Menu as a separate Channel ready to select and play any time you like.
* Wii Message Board - Leave or receive messages for other family members on the calendar-based message board or use WiiConnect24 to send messages to people outside your home.
* Internet Channel * - Just download the Opera browser and within minutes, you’ll be a professional sofa surfer, pointing-and-clicking your way around the web with your Wii Remote.
* Photo Channel - Show off all your digital photos on your TV. Just insert an SD memory card into your Wii and away you go.
* Disc Channel - The Disc Channel is backwards compatible with Nintendo GameCube, so you can play all your new Wii discs, along with all your classic Nintendo GameCube discs too.
* Check Mii Out Channel - This is the place for Miis to mingle. You can show off your Mii creations and download Miis that others have created. You can also participate in Mii contests by creating and judging Miis for a specific contest theme.
* Nintendo Channel - This is your own interactive guide to what’s new in the world of Nintendo, including trailers, mini-documentaries, product demonstrations, gameplay videos and much more.
Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controllers
Wii is all about the motion controlled freedom and flexibility of the Wii Remote. No bigger than a small traditional remote control, the wireless Wii Remote is a truly multifunctional device. The magic of the Wii Remote's design lies within; accelerometers inside the controller measure movement in all directions and at all speeds. For example, in the included Wii Sports tennis game, it serves as your racket as you swing away. In driving games it serves as a steering wheel, allowing you to swerve to avoid obstacles or pickup powerups In first-person shooters, it acts as a firearm that you can point directly at an on-screen enemy. The controller also has a force feedback "Rumble" feature and an expansion port for use with accessories, such as the Nunchuck, which adds an analog thumbstick and trigger buttons. The system allows for up to four controllers to be linked at a time and utilizes standard Bluetooth wireless technology. For those who prefer the feel of a traditional controller an adapter is available that fits over the Wii's remote.
Key Console Bundle Features
* Console Bundle Extras - Bundle extras including Wii Sports Resort and the Wii MotionPlus accessory. (Wii Sports is also included)
* Intuitive Controls - Intuitive controls utilizing the physical motion of the Wii Remote. Up to four Wii Remote controllers can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers include motion sensors. The Wii Remote controller also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within five meters of the screen.
* Wii Channels - The Wii Menu is the main gateway for a variety of easy-to-use, interactive multimedia, entertainment and communication functions.
* Memory Expansion and Ports - The Wii console has 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in wired and wireless broadband Internet capability. A bay for an SD memory card (sold separately) lets players expand the internal flash memory and launch downloaded games directly from the cards. In addition, the console contains four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers, two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards and an AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.
* WiiWare and Virtual Console - Along with games on disc, Wii owners gain access to a world of downloadable games via the WiiWare and Virtual Console game services using purchasable Wii Points.
* Parental Controls - Wii features easy-to-use parental controls that allow users to manage access to Wii game software based on the ESRB rating, restrict access to various channels, limit the ability of users to send and receive messages or prohibit the use of Wii Points in the Wii Shop Channel.
* Netflix Movies - Stream movies instantly through you Wii with disc-based Netflix functionality. (Netflix unlimited account, Netflix disc and suitable broadband connection required)
Wii Sports Resort game logo
The New Standard in Game Control
Wii Sports Resort is an immersive, expansive active-play game that includes a dozen fun resort-themed activities. It maintains the wide-ranging appeal that attracted millions to the original Wii Sports. Wii Sports Resort is easy to pick up and play, but comes coupled with deeper levels of play that are sure to challenge even the most experienced gamers. Wii Sports Resort whisks players away to a resort that's full of action, while introducing an unprecedented experience in physical reality. Wii Sports Resort comes bundled with a Wii MotionPlus accessory to provide players the most realistic, immersive experience possible – the slightest tilt, turn and twist of the Wii Remote controller is recognized. From the moment players skydive onto Wuhu Island, they're presented with a huge selection of fun activities that everyone can play.
Key Game Features
* Wuhu Island has so many things to do, there's never a dull moment. A dozen activities await visitors: Archery, Frisbee, Basketball, Cycling, Canoeing, Power Cruising, Table Tennis, Air Sports, Bowling, Swordplay, Golf and Wakeboarding.
* The activities use the precision controls of the Wii MotionPlus accessory to help players come much closer to the physical reality of engaging in the actual sports. Every real-world action, whether it's a perfect drive on the fairway or a slice off the course, is meant to be faithfully replicated.
* Each activity has multiple fun challenges designed to keep visitors coming back for more. Basketball players might compete in a three-point shootout or jump into a three-on-three pickup game. Archery enthusiasts must aim for the bull's-eye across ever-increasing distances and obstacles.
* Different activities use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers in different ways. For example, players hold the Wii Remote like a paddle in Canoeing, while in Cycling they use both arms to "pedal" with the two controllers. The Wii MotionPlus accessory picks up every nuance of motion and translates it onto the TV screen.
* Depending on the activity, players can compete solo or against other players. Some activities even let players team up to work cooperatively.
Wii Sports game logo
A Sports Party in Every Box
One of the most popular Wii party games of all time, Wii Sports offers five distinct sports experiences, each using the Wii Remote to provide a natural, intuitive and realistic feel. Players can use their own Mii caricatures in the game and play them against their friends' Miis for a more personalized experience. As players improve, their Miis' skill levels will increase, so that they can see exactly how much better they've become.
Key Game Features
* Tennis (1-4 players): Players grab the Wii Remote like a racket and swing – the game registers forehands, backhands, volleys, lobs, slices, spin and power depending on how fast the user swings and at what angle. Don't worry about moving around the court to get to the ball – the game automatically moves players into position.
* Baseball (1-2 players): Players grip the Wii Remote like a bat and swat fastballs out of the park, or fire a fastball over the plate with a flick of their wrist. Timing and bat speed will make all the difference between going yard and whiffing, so keep an eye on the ball and swing for the fences. In the two-player game, one player pitches and the other bats – all fielding and running is automatic, so that players can focus on the action.
* Golf (1-4 players): Step up to the tee, hold the Wii Remote like a golf club and swing naturally to smack the ball onto the green. The harder players swing the club, the farther the ball will fly. Be careful, though – if players swing too hard, their ball will fly out of control, so they should be sure to take some practice swings before going for the pin. After reaching the green, line up putts carefully, practice the stroke and try to hole out.
* Bowling (1-4 players): Players raise the Wii Remote in their hand just like a bowling ball, and then swing their arms to roll the ball. The speed of the swing and the angle at which they release the ball affects the ball's spin, so it will take some practice to master control over the ball and knock down the pins.
* Boxing (1-2 players): Using the Nunchuk controller as one glove and the Wii Remote as the other, players dodge, weave and punch their opponents. Players hold their hands high to guard their faces or low to block their torsos. They punch high to hit their opponents' faces or low to get under their guard for a body blow. Swing both arms left or right to sidestep oncoming blows and move into position for a devastating knockout.
What's in the Box
1-Nintendo Wii game console (white), 1-Wii Remote controller (white) with Wii remote jacket, 1-Nunchuk controller (white), 1-Wii MotionPlus accessory (white), Wii Sports Resort, the original Wii Sports, 1-wired sensor bar, 1-power cord, 1-standard composite cable, 1-console stand, 1-console manual.
* Access to some channels may require your Wii needs to be set up with WiiConnect24.